Blueair Classic 280i Air Purifier with WiFi and Particle Filter
- Advanced Purification for 279 square feet / the average bedroom
- Removes 99.97% allergens, pollen, dust and pet dander
- Optional SMOKE REMOVAL FILTER to remove smoke and chemical pollution
- Energy Efficient
- Extremely Quiet
- Best in Class Ranking!
Swedish design, Advanced Air Purifier uses 3-stage mechanical and electrostatic filter to capture 99.97% of impurities down to .01 microns in size with an average CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 437.5 - 28% higher than the average air cleaner.
|Room Size||279 square feet|
|Dimensions||21" x 17" x 9"|
|Airflow Rate||180-200 CFM|
|CADR||Smoke 200, Dust 180, Pollen 200|
|Noise Level||32-56 dB(a)|
|Air Exchanges Per Hour||5 assuming 8-foot ceilings|
|Filter Replacement Indicator||YES|
- HEPASilent™ Technology allows cleaner air at a faster rate
- Compact design fits almost anywhere
- Quiet Fan
- Energy Efficient
- Steel Construction
- Extremely Easy Maintenance! Simply open the side, slide out filter and replace every 6 to 12 months To ensure you always get clean air, the Classic 280i comes with a timer to alert you when your filter needs to be changed. The magnet on the back allows you to attach the timer to your unit or other magnetic surfaces
How Does The Blueair Work?
Blueair Air Purifiers use a revolutionary combination of advanced filter media and an encapsulated ion particle charging chamber that produces batter results than either mechanical or electrostatic technology alone.
Using a non-toxic polypropylene filter that contains millions of ultra-thin fibers, the Blueair traps tiny particles as they pass through filter pleats.
These purifiers eliminate bacteria, viruses and mold naturally, without chemical additives and reduce more dirt and dust than comparative filters..
Using a patented 3-Stage HEPASilent™ Technology, the Blueair Filter captures 99.97% of particles down to .01 microns in size, considered the most harmful to your health as they can be absorbed into your lungs and into your bloodstream to cause a whole list of problems.
Blueair Process of Purification
- Air is pulled in through the backside of the purifier
- Air passes over the pre-filter grabbing large particles like hair and dander
- Air then passes through the electrostatic HEPA filter to capture ultra-tiny particles like poolen and dust
- Air then travels into the ionizing chamber where it becomes charged with negative ions to kill bacteria and viruses
- Finally, Fresh Clean Air is released through the top of the purifier and into your air!
The 3-Stage progressive filtration allows larger particles to get caught first and smaller particles to get caught later thereby reducing the chances of the fine particle filter fibers getting clogged with large particles.
Blueair filters use millions of ultra thin fibers that get progressively tighter throughout the filter media. This allows for effective removal of even the tiniest particles by the time the air has reached the end filter.
Extremely Quiet Filter
Sophisticated materials like sound muffling steel and precision engineering allow the filter to clean indoor air without excessive noise.
On the lowest setting, these purifiers emit no more sound than a desktop computer.
SurroundAir™ Technology Reduces Fan Draft
Instead of discharging a windy stream of filtered air, the Blueair SurroundAir™ System diffuses air gently through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner.
By spreading out the output of air, Blueair purifiers achieve maximum purification with little to no noticeable draft.
Energy Efficient and Environmentally Friendly
- Extremely low power usage means you can run this purifier 24/7 without a jump in energy cost.
- Exceptional performance without polluting the environment.
- Blueair replaced standard triclosan-coated paper or glass filter fibers, which can harm the environment when released into the waste stream, with safer, nontoxic polypropylene.
This revolutionary filter media is one of the least harmful plastics, producing only carbon dioxide and water as it decomposes. Because polypropylene is waterproof, our filters naturally resist contamination from bacteria, viruses and mold, without chemical additives or washes.
Blueair uses a special powder coat finish that produces no chemical out-gassing; great for those with Chemical Sensitivity.
5 Year Extended Limited Warranty After Registration
Blueair warrants that your air purifier will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase provided that you have completed and returned your warranty registration to Blueair, and that the filters are replaced with original replacement filters at least once every six (6) months (the Limited Warranty). Please note that if you do not register your purifier, the warranty maintains its standard 1 year status.
Not only is the Blueair Air Cleaner visually appealing, designed to last and compact enough to fit in almost any room of your home or office, but it's Swedish design and extremely quiet fan allows air to flow freely through the unit creating no noticeable draft.
Despite its quiet operation, however, the device is powerful enough to recycle air in a room five times every hour. The filters are easily accessed and replaced, the casters allow ease of maneuverability (in large models only), and the exterior wipes clean.
The durable construction is made of galvanized steel with an environmentally-friendly powder coating that does not create any harmful off-gasing.
This new and improved unit also comes with a built in filter change indicator letting you know when it's time to replace the filter! Includes one set of filters with purchase.
Purchase the Optional 200 Series DualProtection™ Filter Today!
All Blueair air purifiers are designed to add the optional 200 Series DualProtection™ Filter to remove harmful smoke, gaseous contaminants, odors, VOC's, carbon monoxide, ethylene oxide, ozone and cigarette and cigar smoke along with all the other contaminants listed above.
By adding the optional 200 Series DualProtection™ Filter, you decrease the airflow of the purifier but increase the range of particle removal overall. Please note that you can always choose this Optional DualProtection Filter in the future and easily install it.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We put it in our baby's room
This product fits great in our babies room. We bought it so that our baby could enter the world in a more clean environment. So far, so good. It's quiet and feels very sturdy.