All air purifiers are not created equally. You must decide what your essential purification needs are to help narrow the search. To do this, simply answer these 3 questions:
1. Why did I start my search for a purifier; what is my main concern? Is it....
* Dust, pollen, dander or other airborne allergens - A HEPA Air Filter can capture those
* Chemicals, smoke, VOC's or odors - A Carbon Air Filter Can Absorb those
* Live growing bacteria, viruses or mold - A UV Light Air Purifier can kill those
* I have Allergies or Asthma - A High Quality Air Cleaner is best
* I just want cleaner air - An All-in-One Air Purifier is best
2. What size area do I need to clean?
A bedroom air cleaner is far different from a whole house air cleaner. Determine the coverage you need to select the best fit.
* Small space like a bedroom - less than 300 square feet
* Average sized family room - between 300-500 square feet
* Large open room - between 600-1000 square feet
* Mobile - vehicles, hotel rooms, RV's
3. How much am I willing to pay now and then later for replacement parts?
This is personal choice. We like to base this decision off a few factors:
* For the price, how well does it perform? - Look at the facts. What is the CADR(Clean Air Delivery Rate), What size particles does it remove?
* Is this an investment in my health or just a cheap buy? - Your air quality can positively and negatively effect your moods, energy levels, medical conditions, etc..
How much is Clean Air worth to you?
Now that you've determined your needs. It's time to find the right purifier for you. Combine the details above and keep them in mind during your search for the best air purifier for your needs.
Here are some examples:
- My Concern: Allergens
- My Size Room: Family Room
- My Budget: Under $900
- My Best Choice: IQAir HealthPro Plus
The IQAir HealthPro Plus will clean the air in my family room of all airborne allergens like dust, pollen, skin cells, dander and mold spores. It's priced below my budget and has a warranty of 5 years. This is an intelligent investment into my family's health.
The Air Oasis will kill the mold and odors in 3000 square feet, is made with high quality materials, and is made in America. The Biozone 3000 has the same technology, will destroy mold as well, and has affordable replacement parts. Either one would be a great choice for my damp basement.
- My Concern: Smoke
- My Size Room: Small Bedroom
- My Budget: Under $350
- My Best Choice: Blueair 203 with Smokestop Filter
The Bluear 203 with Smokestop Filter has multiple technologies to remove the smoke, odors from smoke and fine ash particles from the air plus it has a 5 year warranty. Quiet fan, extremely well built purifier and high quality filters. Best choice for my bedroom.
If you are still struggling with Which Air Purifier is Right For You, then click here to email one of our friendly customer service representatives and get some answers today!