Austin Air Health Mate Plus™ HM 450
- Advanced filter for the chemically sensitive - removes over 3000 odors and gases
- Designed to remove 99.97% of allergens, dust, pet dander, smoke, chemicals and odors
- Consistently ranked #1 Worldwide for filtration performance
- Covers up to 1500 square feet
- 5 year warranty
- Purifies 400cfm (cubic feet per minute) on high
- Excellent for people with allergies and asthma
- Extremely low maintenance (filter life 4-5 years)
Benefits of Purified Air
- Reduces allergy and asthma symptoms
- Increases sleep effectiveness
- Significantly reduces snoring
- Stops Sneezing from impurities traveling up your nose
- Strengthens your Immune System
- Eliminates dry mouth and runny noses
- Reduces couching and wheezing
Detailed Product Description
America's #1 Filter for the Chemically Sensitive!
The Austin Air Health Mate Air Purifier houses one of the most advanced filter systems on the market today! Consistently ranked #1 for performance worldwide in many consumer tests, this advanced filtration system will filter out 99.97% of all airborne particles down to 0.3 microns in size, 95% of particles down to 0.1 microns in size and over 3000 odors and gasses!
As a result of the advanced testing done by the US Army Corp of Engineers and other highly respected testing laboratories, Austin Air Purifiers were chosen to provide the Red Cross and FEMA with the largest deployment of air cleaners in American history to help with the serious air quality conditions after 9/11 in New York. Now that's Proof!
How Does the Austin Air Purifier Work?
The Austin Air Purifier draws in air from all sides passing it over the series of air filters, removing larger particles first and progressively smaller particles until pure clean air is passed out the top of the purifier and back into the air. Here's a closer look:
What Does the Austin Purifier Remove from the Air?
At Austin Air, they understand the importance of clean air at an affordable price. This is why they designed a filter to remove more than your average HEPA filter can remove. They designed a 4-stage filtration process that can remove up to 99.97% of the following particles:
- Asthma triggering impurities
- Mold and Mildew
- Germs, Viruses and Bacteria
- Chemicals and Gaseous fumes
Is This the Right Air Purifier for Me?
You and your family can benefit from fresh air inside your home and improved air quality no matter if you suffer from ailments or not. Ultra small particles can enter your bloodstream through your lungs and cause serious problems over time. Look at the diagram below to see how particles, that the Austin Air Purifier could get rid of, can enter your lungs and into your body.
How Does the Advanced Filter System Work?
Austin Air purifiers use a 360° Progressive Filtering System. By addressing the complete process of air cleansing (including particles, gaseous fumes, odors and fine impurities) all in one filtration system, these purifiers can effectively remove impurities from an entire room within minutes.
Once the air is pulled in from a 360° area surrounding the machine, it then passes through the HealthMate™ filter in the following order:
1. Prefilter for Large Particles: In stage 1 of purification, all large particles that are easily seen with the naked eye are captured and removed like pet hair and dust.
2. Prefilter for Medium Particles: In stage 2, all medium sized impurities are removed including mold spores, smaller dust and pollen.
3. 15 pounds of Activated Carbon and Zeolite impregnanted with potassium iodide for the chemically sensitive: Stage 3 removes chemicals, gaseous fumes, household chemicals, over 3000 odors and smoke.
4. 60 square feet of Certified HEPA Filter: In Stage 4 of the air filtration process, the advanced, medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance) Filter removes 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size and 95% of particles down to 0.1microns in size.
- 23" H x 14.5" W x 14.5" D
- Covers up to 1500 square feet
- 45 lbs
- 360° intake housing made of perforated steel
- Baked-on powder coated finish
- Available in multiple color options
- Incredibly easy access through bottom plate for filter replacement
- 400 cfm (cubic feet per minute) of air is circulated on the highest setting
- 5 year warranty
- 13.5" diameter x 14.5" height
- 60 square feet of true medical-grade HEPA filter media
- HEPA filter traps 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
- Approximately 15lbs of solid, activated carbon and zeolite impregnated with potassium iodide to remove harmful gases for the chemically sensitive.
- Foam sealing gaskets on the top and bottom of filter
- Pre-filter designed to capture large particles and should be vacuumed every 3 months
Fan and Motor Assembly
- Centrifugal fan
- 3 speed control switch allows you to easily adjust settings
- Power ratings is 1.3amps and 120volts
- At the highest setting, the HealthMate only uses 115 watts
- Motor was designed for long life duty: permanent split capacitor; rated for continuous high RPM
- Motor mounted on shock absorbers to reduce sound
- CSA, UL and CE approved
What Color Options do Austin Purifiers have?
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Air Purifier Reviews Tell it Like it Is
The several air purifier reviews here have already said it, but I want to reiterate it: this is a great air purifier for pretty much any space. Austin Air uses some of the best filters, and I bet I could prove it somehow in my own home. This one unit is able to clean the air in our entire apartment, which is no small feet with all the pollution we have in this city. Dust, allergens, even mites can't make it through the filter. A quality purifier.
Did the job
I rate this with 5 stars because it did what it was suppose to do and that pleased me.
User fiendly and quiet design
My husband and I bought two austin air purifiers after talking with the very friendly custoemr service lady and we are so thrilled that we did. No more dust, no more allergy symptoms and finally peaceful sleep at night. I swear even his snoring has gone down. We bought a cheap one from Walmart a few years back and it isn't even in the same league as this one.
Great but would have been better off with the original
We bought the original a few years ago then bought the plus version a few months ago and found that for the money and the air quality improvement, we could have stuck with the original healthmate. Still very happy with this product but just think the extra money doesn't buy you that much of a difference.