Austin Air Health Mate™ HM 400
- Consistently ranked #1 worldwide for filtration performance
- Designed to remove 99.97% of allergens, dust, pet dander, smoke and odors
- Covers up to 1500 square feet
- 5 year warranty
- Purifies 400cfm (cubic feet per minute) on high
- Excellent for people with allergies and asthma
- Extremely low maintenance (filter life 4-5 years)
Benefits of Purified Air
- Reduces allergy and asthma symptoms
- Increases sleep effectiveness
- Significantly reduces snoring
- Stops Sneezing from impurities traveling up your nose
- Strengthens your Immune System
- Eliminates dry mouth and runny noses
- Reduces couching and wheezing
Detailed Product Description
Featuring America's #1 Filter!
The Austin Air Health Mate Air Purifier houses one of the most advanced filter systems on the market today! Consistently ranked #1 for performance worldwide in many consumer tests, this advanced filtration system will filter out 99.97% of all airborne particles down to 0.3 microns in size, 95% of particles down to 0.1 microns in size and over 3000 odors and gasses!
As a result of the advanced testing done by the US Army Corp of Engineers and other highly respected testing laboratories, Austin Air Purifiers were chosen to provide the Red Cross and FEMA with the largest deployment of air cleaners in American history to help with the serious air quality conditions after 9/11 in New York. Now that's Proof!
How Does the Austin Air Purifier Work?
The Austin Air Purifier draws in air from all sides passing it over the series of air filters, removing larger particles first and progressively smaller particles until pure clean air is passed out the top of the purifier and back into the air. Here's a closer look:
What Does the Austin Purifier Remove from the Air?
At Austin Air, they understand the importance of clean air at an affordable price. This is why they designed a filter to remove more than your average HEPA filter can remove. They designed a 4-stage filtration process that can remove up to 99.97% of the following particles:
- Asthma triggering impurities
- Mold and Mildew
- Germs, Viruses and Bacteria
- Chemicals and Gaseous fumes
Is This the Right Air Purifier for Me?
You and your family can benefit from fresh air inside your home and improved air quality no matter if you suffer from ailments or not. Ultra small particles can enter your bloodstream through your lungs and cause serious problems over time. Look at the diagram below to see how particles, that the Austin Air Purifier could get rid of, can enter your lungs and into your body.
How Does the Advanced Filter System Work?
Austin Air purifiers use a 360° Progressive Filtering System. By addressing the complete process of air cleansing (including particles, gaseous fumes, odors and fine impurities) all in one filtration system, these purifiers can effectively remove impurities from an entire room within minutes.
Once the air is pulled in from a 360° area surrounding the machine, it then passes through the HealthMate™ filter in the following order:
1. Prefilter for Large Particles: In stage 1 of purification, all large particles that are easily seen with the naked eye are captured and removed like pet hair and dust.
2. Prefilter for Medium Particles: In stage 2, all medium sized impurities are removed including mold spores, smaller dust and pollen.
3. 15 pounds of Activated Carbon and Zeolite: Stage 3 removes chemicals, gaseous fumes, household chemicals, over 3000 odors and smoke.
4. 60 square feet of Certified HEPA Filter: In Stage 4 of the air filtration process, the advanced, medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance) Filter removes 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size and 95% of particles down to 0.1microns in size.
- 23" H x 14.5" W x 14.5" D
- Covers up to 1500 square feet
- 360° intake housing made of perforated steel
- Baked-on powder coated finish
- Available in multiple color options
- Incredibly easy access through bottom plate for filter replacement
- 400 cfm (cubic feet per minute) of air is circulated on the highest setting
- 5 year warranty
- 13.5" diameter x 14.5" height
- 60 square feet of true medical-grade HEPA filter media
- HEPA filter traps 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
- Approximately 15lbs of solid, activated carbon and zeolite known to remove chemicals and odors
- Foam sealing gaskets on the top and bottom of filter
- Prefilter designed to capture large particles and should be vacuumed every 3 months
Fan and Motor Assembly
- Centrifugal fan
- 3 speed control switch allows you to easily adjust settings
- Power ratings is 1.3amps and 120volts
- At the highest setting, the HealthMate only uses 115 watts
- Motor was designed for long life duty: permanent split capacitor; rated for continuous high RPM
- Motor mounted on shaock absorbers to reduce sound
- CSA, UL and CE approved
What Color Options do Austin Purifiers have?
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am very pleased with the CleanAir4Life product that I have purchased. I didn’t expect it to really work that great, but I was very surprised to be able to wake up every morning with the house smelling like fresh rain and no smell from the cigarette smoke.
Each month it is very easy to clean and maintain the machines filters and covers. Though the fresh air scent dissipated a bit it still cleaned the cigarette smoke from the house.
I picked up this Austin air cleaner because it was really highly recommended, and I wasn't disappointed. It's definitely made the house a lot more bearable for the people with allergies, and it doesn't take up much space in the house. A nice, compact, efficient air cleaner for all types of spaces.
I have a lot of pets, so cleaning up pet dander in the air was one of the main tasks of this Austin air cleaner. I swear, my pets don't recognize the house because the air isn't continually saturated with their fur. And I have to endure much less coughing, sneezing, and bad air quality.
I have only had this machine for one week so I cannot comment on any long term usage but for the time being, this machine is amazing. It has removed almost all the dust from the air and my wife and I have been able to sleep just great.
Some could say that I'm a crazy cat lady and maybe I am but with this many cats, you have to do something about the air getting so full of odor and hair. This filter helped kill the cat odors and grabbed a bunch of the floating dander in the house. I don't have to dust as much and my nose and throat feel much better. I give it 5 stars for how it works so well and for being a pretty good price. I also like that you only have to buy a filter for it every 5 years or so they say. We'll see about that.
I have had the Austin Air Healthmate for 4 years now and everytime I get the option to write a review, I certainly do! I suffered with severe allergies and was so sick of taking medication that made me feel woosey and off for most of the day that I knew I just had to research and do something about it. I found a cheap air purifier online and bought it thinking it would help me at a great cost (under $100). Nope! The cheapy purifier's don't do a thing for you so don't believe them!
Then, I did my real research and found that the Austin Air purifiers have the highest ranked filters in the US (I'm not sure if the world yet or not). I saved up for 2 months (was on a very tight budget) and bought the purifier and have been in love ever since! This thing is a miracle and I am so happy that I found it when I did. I'm going on four years now and have only had to use medication for my allergies maybe twice while away from my home for longer periods of time. I love it. It creates my little safe haven at my house for me. Buy one, you'll know exactly what I mean!