Austin Air HealthMate Plus Junior HM250
America's #1 Filter for the Chemically Sensitive!
The Austin Air Health Mate Air Purifier houses one of the most advanced filter systems on the market today! Consistently ranked #1 for performance worldwide in many consumer tests, this advanced filtration system will filter out 99.97% of all airborne particles down to 0.3 microns in size, 95% of particles down to 0.1 microns in size and over 3000 odors and gasses!
As a result of the advanced testing done by the US Army Corp of Engineers and other highly respected testing laboratories, Austin Air Purifiers were chosen to provide the Red Cross and FEMA with the largest deployment of air cleaners in American history to help with the serious air quality conditions after 9/11 in New York. Now that's Proof!
How Does the Austin Air Purifier Work?
The Austin Air Purifier draws in air from all sides passing it over the series of air filters, removing larger particles first and progressively smaller particles until pure clean air is passed out the top of the purifier and back into the air. Here's a closer look:
What Does the Austin Purifier Remove from the Air?
At Austin Air, they understand the importance of clean air at an affordable price. This is why they designed a filter to remove more than your average HEPA filter can remove. They designed a 4-stage filtration process that can remove up to 99.97% of the following particles:
- Asthma triggering impurities
- Mold and Mildew
- Germs, Viruses and Bacteria
- Chemicals and Gaseous fumes
Is This the Right Air Purifier for Me?
You and your family can benefit from fresh air inside your home and improved air quality no matter if you suffer from ailments or not. Ultra small particles can enter your bloodstream through your lungs and cause serious problems over time. Look at the diagram below to see how particles, that the Austin Air Purifier could get rid of, can enter your lungs and into your body.
How Does the Advanced Filter System Work?
Austin Air purifiers use a 360° Progressive Filtering System. By addressing the complete process of air cleansing (including particles, gaseous fumes, odors and fine impurities) all in one filtration system, these purifiers can effectively remove impurities from an entire room within minutes.
Once the air is pulled in from a 360° area surrounding the machine, it then passes through the HealthMate™ filter in the following order:
1. Prefilter for Large Particles: In stage 1 of purification, all large particles that are easily seen with the naked eye are captured and removed like pet hair and dust.
2. Prefilter for Medium Particles: In stage 2, all medium sized impurities are removed including mold spores, smaller dust and pollen.
3. 6.5 pounds of Activated Carbon and Zeolite impregnanted with potassium iodide for the chemically sensitive: Stage 3 removes chemicals, gaseous fumes, household chemicals, over 3000 odors and smoke.
4. 30 square feet of Certified HEPA Filter: In Stage 4 of the air filtration process, the advanced, medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance) Filter removes 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size and 95% of particles down to 0.1microns in size.
Benefits of Purified Air
- Reduces allergy and asthma symptoms
- Increases sleep effectiveness
- Significantly reduces snoring
- Stops Sneezing from impurities rtaveling up your nose
- Stregthens your Immune System
- Eliminates dry mouth and runny noses
- Reduces couching and wheezing
- 16.5" H x 11" W x 11" D
- Covers up to 700 square feet
- 18 lbs
- 360° intake housing made of perforated steel
- Baked-on powder coated finish
- Available in multiple color options
- Incredibly easy access through bottom plate for filter replacement
- 200 cfm (cubic feet per minute) of air is circulated on the highest setting
- 5 year warranty
- 9.5" diameter x 11.25" height
- 30 square feet of true medical-grade HEPA filter media
- HEPA filter traps 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
- Approximately 6.5 lbs of solid, activated carbon and zeolite impregnated with potassium iodide to remove harmful gases for the chemically sensitive.
- Foam sealing gaskets on the top and bottom of filter
- Pre-filter designed to capture large particles and should be vacuumed every 3 months
Fan and Motor Assembly
- Centrifugal fan
- 3 speed control switch allows you to easily adjust settings
- Power ratings is 1.2amps and 120volts
- At the highest setting, the HealthMate only uses 132 watts
- Motor was designed for long life duty: permanent split capacitor; rated for continuous high RPM
- Motor mounted on shock absorbers to reduce sound
- CSA, UL and CE approved
How Long is the Warranty?
The Austin Air HealthMate is warrantied for 5 years on all parts and labor! In addition, Austin Air evens offers a 5 year pro-rated guarantee on there filters under normal residential use. Just remember to register your warranty once you get the air purifier.
Rest assured you have made the right decision by purchasing an Austin Air purifier. In the event you decide you don't like the purifier for whatever reason, you can return it for a refund of the purchase price within 30 days with No Questions Asked!
What Color Options do Austin Purifiers have?
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My parents bought this Austin air purifier for my dorm room. My roommate smokes like a chimney; he's disabled the smoke detector and he keeps the window open. The air in the room always smelled like smoke, and it was starting to get into my clothes. But we plugged in this little baby, and within a few days the air had freshened right up. My roommate still smokes, but at least now I don't have to suffer for it.
I'm not stuck on buying name brand or well-known brands, but these Austin purifiers might change my mind! I read a lot of air purifier reviews before deciding to purchase this one, and it had been as great as the other reviews say it is. This was an incredible price, too. Really helps my husband's snoring and my allergies. Can't believe I went so long without it!